– Violinist and composer, born in Homs, Syria 1982, currently living and working in Belgium. Holds a music performing bachelor from the High Music Institute in Damascus, violin class of professor Evgueny Loguenov 2007.
– Composed music to be played by several orchestras over the world: WDR Radio Orchestra, SEPO, EPO, The National Syrian Arabic Orchestra, Violet and others.
– Trained as a classical musician, with his background of Arabic music, Shalan masters both genres playing and composing. Elements of variety of musical styles are unmistakably recognized in his compositions . Shalan also wrote and arranged music for a plenty of ensembles, singers, films and TV shows.
– Member of: The Syrian National Symphony Orchestra, The National Orchestra of Arabic Music, EPO (Expat Philharmonic Orchestra), SEPO (Syrian Expat Philharmonic Orchestra) and Gent Folk Violin Project.
– Performed as soloist, chamber and orchestra violinist in Syria, Turkey, Italy, Germany, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Jordan, Algeria, Lebanon, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Denmark, Scotland, Poland and Belgium.
– Founder and member of different musical bands for Arabic and Chamber music, among them: Solhi Alwadi String Quartet, Sham String Trio, Homs String Sextet and others.
– Former instructor of violin and chamber music in the music college, Albaath University, Homs, and in Solhi Alwadi music school, Damascus.
– Bachelor in Pharmacy and pharmaceutical chemistry from the Damascus University (2006).
Photo credit: Jawad Azar